tiistaina, helmikuuta 27, 2007

My info for SP10 :)

Updated 17th of March

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm in love with Debbie Bliss' Cathay yarn. The colors :)
Other favourites are merinowool, silk, cotton (+ cotton-mix) and soft non-ichy yarns (alpaca and alpaca-silk are soft enough). I do not like mohair-style yarns (or ichy yarns).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
In those little plastic bags they came in (on a shelf in the cubboard)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've knitted on and off for 22 years. I learned to knit in school and I consider myself to be intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have

5. What's your favorite scent?
Cinnamon, vanilla and ginger
Eternity (Calvin Klein), Sentiment (Escada) and Stella In Two Peony (Stella McCartney)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes :) Chocolate and Jelly Bellies (buttered popcorn is my favourite)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I make jewellery (sterling silver and pearls are my favourites). I do not spin but I do sew (kids clothes mainly) and I crochet a little bit.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
All kind of music, mainly pop and r&b. I looove Robbie Williams ;) I like to listen female singers with great voices. My laptop plays CD's :)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My new favourite colours are raspberry and applegreen. This year I found the brown as well. The oldtime favourites are petrol, purple and red. Black and white/crème are nice too.
I don't like yellow, pinky pink, grey or dark green.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with two children (two boys; 3y8m and 20m) and 3 cats

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, mittens and hats (mittens and hats during the cold winter times and scarves all year round). I haven't tried any ponchos yet.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Childrens clothing, scarves, hats and mittens.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Cardigan for myself and socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, I love handmade gifts.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular needles. Most of my needles are aluminum, but I do like my bamboo double pointed needles (mainly for socks and mittens)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Neither.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Approx 5 years old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
My favourite holiday includes sun, sea, sand, relaxing, knitting and the family. I wouldn't mind a city-break either :)

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn? :)
I collect Finnish glass ("Mariskooli" by Iittala and "Kirsi" by Riihimäen Lasi), "Omena" and "Vanilja" sets by Pentik and Disney Classics DVD's (with Finnish subtitles).

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
My knitting "library" is rather small, any addition to it is a nice surprise. I have only Finnish knitting magazine subscriptions. I placed a subcription on Interweave Knits Magazine last week.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Cables, laces and multi-coloured knitting

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I am. I wear size 5(38) shoes and my foot is wide-ish.

23. When is your birthday?
23rd of Sep.

Tunnisteet:

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti

Tilaa Lähetä kommentteja [Atom]

<< Etusivu