maanantaina, huhtikuuta 16, 2007

Knitting

First contact with knitting was when my mom was pregnant with my little sister. I was 4 years old. She was knitting my dolls hats and jumpers. She was using a quite thin cotton yarn. The next contact was in school when in crafts lessons out teacher showed us how to knit. I think the other kids knitted leg warmers but I desided to knit this funky creature (don't ask me why :)).

The first attempt to knit socks was a few years later (we learned to crochet between the creature and the socks). My first pair of socks were... umm, how shall I put it... deformed. The other one was huge and the other one tiny :D After the socks I knitted a small vest for my little brother. I only knitted socks for till I moved back to Finland in '98. Then I knitted a jumper for myself (the yarn was too ichy and I sold it). When I was pregnent with my son, I started knitting things for the baby. Cardigan and socks.

The knitting really started then. Mittens, bootees, blanket, hats, jumpers, scarfs etc. Now I'm hooked on knitting :)

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti

Tilaa Lähetä kommentteja [Atom]

<< Etusivu